Sunday 15 June 2014

The Humanist


The HumanistThe Humanist
The HumanistThe Humanist
The HumanistThe Humanist

Dziś prezentuję Wam kolejną w serii rozmowę - tym razem z Martą, z którą miałyśmy okazję poznać się na studiach. To, co serwuję Wam dziś jest odrobinę dłuższe ale obiecuję że warte każdej przeczytanej linijki! Mnie od razu poprawił się humor kiedy pochłonęłam to, co Marta mi wysłała i poczułam mocny przypływ pozytywnej energii. Ostrzegam, rozmowa motywuje!

Today, I'm presenting you with another within the series conversation - this time with Marta whom I met during our university years. What I'm sharing with you today is slightly longer but, I promise, worth every line that you'll read! As soon as I absorbed everything that Marta sent through, I felt all the positive energy that she has attached to all her answers. Careful, the conversation is very motivating!

1.Na stałe mieszkasz w Londynie, stąd też się znamy. Zacznę więc podobnie jak ostatnio, co w tak młodym wieku zaprowadziło Cię aż do tego miasta?
Sama często zadaje sobie to pytanie... ;) Odkąd pamiętam byłam typem domownika, nie lubiłam zmian a dłuższe przebywanie w aucie lub autokarze powodowało objawy choroby lokomocyjnej. Miałam zaplanowane życie, dokładnie wiedziałam czego chcę (tak mi się wtedy wydawało) aż nastał moment pisania matury i wtedy wszystko się odmieniło. Pojawił się ogromny znak zapytania na mojej przyszłości, wszystkie moje plany stały się niewyraźne i niesatysfakcjonujące. Miałam 18 lat, ukończoną szkołę, całe życie przed sobą i decyzje do podjęcia - te pierwsze, prawdziwe bo już dorosłe, odpowiedzialne i niosące konsekwencje. Nie byłam gotowa na taką odpowiedzialność i chciałam uciec, spróbować czegoś innego no i pojawił się pomysł wyjazdu do Londynu. Znałam angielski a Londyn jako duże miasto w obcym kraju, stolica Europy pełna możliwości był zdecydowanie czymś ‘innym’. Byłam młoda, nie miałam żadnych zobowiązań, nic do stracenia więc dałam się ponieść przygodzie i... wcale nie żałuję. Uważam, że nie ma przypadków. To było moim przeznaczeniem, tak miało się stać.

1. You are based in London, that's where we met. That's why I'll start similarly to last time. What made you move to this city in such a young age?
I ask myself this question quite often... ;) Ever since I can remember I was the type who prefers home environment, I didn't like changes and being in the car or on a bus for too long caused travel sickness. I had my life planned, I knew exactly what I wanted (at least that was what I thought back then) until the moment when I had to take my final exams and everything has changed. A huge question mark appeared in my life and my future, all of my plans, seemed unclear and unsatisfactory. I was 18, had just graduated, my whole life was ahead of me and I had to make first, serious because grown up, responsible and consequence bearing decisions. I wasn't ready for such a responsibility and I wanted to run away, try something new and different. This was how the idea of coming to London was born. I spoke English and London with its reputation of the capital of Europe, full of possibilities was most definitely something 'different'. I was very young, I didn't have any commitments, nothing to lose. That's why I decided to get carried away by the adventure and... I don't regret it. I think there are no coincidences. This must have been my destiny, it was supposed to happen to me.


The HumanistThe Humanist
The HumanistThe Humanist
The HumanistThe Humanist


2. Stale i niestrudzenie szukasz tej prawdziwej pasji w swoim życiu, nie boisz się zmian i jesteś otwarta na nowe doświadczenia. Co powiedziałabyś tym którzy w którymś momencie poddają się i odpuszczają swoim poszukiwaniom?
Odwaga jest w każdym z nas, czasem potrzebujemy tylko delikatnego pchnięcia. Trzeba zdawać sobie sprawę że mamy tylko jedno życie i nieważne jak długo będziemy żyć, ale jak intensywnie. Bierzmy więc każdą szansę bo każde doświadczenie, nawet te złe, uczy nas czegoś. Chyba każdy ma te gorsze dni, to całkiem naturalne zwłaszcza w zderzeniu z rzeczywistością która nie zawsze jest taka jakbyśmy chcieli. Ale nie należy się poddawać bo czasem to nie nasz obrany cel jest szczęściem ale droga do niego, spotkani ludzie, piękne widoki, nowe smaki, doświadczenia - to na zawsze pozostanie w nas.
Kiedy mam gorsze dni staram się sobie przypomnieć jak wiele osiągnęłam, jak dużo mam. Moja rodzina, przyjaciele - to zawsze pomaga mi iść do przodu. Nasze życie to jedna wielka podróż, pragniemy odnaleźć w niej szczęście i miłość. I każdemu z nas się to należy, uważam że kazde istnienie ma sens. Im uważniej człowiek żyje, cieszy się z małych rzeczy tym jest szczęśliwy. Wyłapuj to co najpiękniejsze w życiu, a będziesz widział coraz więcej piękna i dobra wokół Ciebie :)
To chyba nazywa się świętość kiedy człowiek pokonuje samego siebie, ma nad sobą kontrolę. Chyba tak jest, że całe życie walczymy ze sobą wiecznie się przewracając i błądząc, ale najważniejsze jest to że ciągle się podnosimy i idziemy naprzód mimo że czasem chcemy się poddać. Ta duma gdy podnosimy się chyba jest największym motywatorem do tego, by właśnie nigdy się nie poddawać.

2. Constantly and restlessly you keep on searching for the real passion in your life, you aren't afraid of changes and you're open to new experiences. What would you say to those who, at a certain point give up and let go in their search for what's important to them?
We all have some courage within ourselves, sometimes we just need a little 'push'. It's important to eventually realise that we only have one life to live and it's important to live it to its fullest. That's why we should take every chance and opportunity we get because every experience, even the bad one, teaches us something. I think everyone has worse days, it's pretty normal especially when we clash with the reality which isn't always easy on us. But there's no point to give up because it may turn out that not the aim is our given happiness but the path we choose to get to it - the people we meet, the beauty of the world, new flavours, experiences. These things will always stay with us.
When I have a worse day I try to remember how far I got to this point, how much I have. My family, friends - this always helps me move forward. Our life is one big journey and happiness and love are what we're trying to find on our way. Everyone deserves it, I believe that every being has its meaning. The more attentively we live, the more joy we find in little things the happier we are. Try and catch those most beautiful things in life and you will start seeing more beauty and good around you :)
I think you may call it holiness when a person learns how to win with their own weaknesses, has control over their life. I think this is what life is about - trying to keep on fighting with ourselves, constantly falling over and losing our way. But the most important thing is that we end up stadning up and keep on going despite all the times when we want to give up. This pride within you after you make it through is probably the biggest motivator for this, to never give up.



3. Skrycie marzysz o tym żeby wrócić do Polski, co Cię tam ciągnie poza oczywistymi - rodziną, przyjaciółmi?
Od 5. lat jestem podróżniczką, często zmieniam miejsce zamieszkania, poznaje ludzi z rożnych kultur co jest niesamowicie interesujące i satysfakcjonujące. Ale 18. lat przebywania w mojej ojczyźnie również położyła piętno tej kultury do której czuję przynależność i w której czuję się najlepiej, bo jestem u siebie. Poza tym, uważam że zmieniać ojczyznę i sprawiać by była lepsza jest naszym obowiązkiem. Równocześnie trudno mi jest powiedzieć co się wydarzy w przyszłości, przestałam planować swoje życie, bo wiem że to nie ma większego sensu, trzeba być otwartym i tak właśnie staram się żyć.

3. You secretively dream about coming back to Poland, what's the thing that magentises you to that place despite the obvious - family, friends?
For 5 years now I've been a traveller, I keep on changing places where I live, I meet people from all the different cultures which is extremely interesting and satisfying. But being in my home country for 18 years has also left an extreme impact on me, the impact of the culture that I feel I belong to and in which I feel best because that's when I'm in my place in the world. Besides, I'm a big believer in our duty to change our homeland, help it grow and make it better. At the same time it's really difficult for me to say what will happen in the future. I've stopped planning my life because I know there's no point in doing that. What does make sense is being open and this is how I try to live my life.



4. Coraz więcej naszych rodaków decyduje się na przyjazd na 'zieloną wyspę' ale po przyjeździe bardzo szybko przychodzi moment rozczarowania. Chyba poznałam niewielu Polaków którzy otwarcie mówią że dobrze czują się w Anglii. A jakie są Twoje odczucia i obserwacje?
Ja też poznałam tu wielu Polaków, jest nas tu naprawdę sporo. I wydaje mi się, że doświadczenie zależy indywidualnie od człowieka. Niektórzy przyjechali tutaj ze względu na trudną sytuację którą mieli w Polsce, więc tutaj czuja się lepiej. Myślę, że zależy to od osobowości człowieka, od tego jak jego życie się potoczy, co dla niego jest ważne. Londyn a Anglia to dla mnie dwa różne światy. Londyn może być rozczarowaniem gdy budujemy sobie jakiś idealistyczny obraz, ale jeśli otwarcie ale rozsądnie do niego podchodzimy, daje nam wiele możliwości i na pewno uczy życia.

4. More and more Polish decide to go abroad to the 'green island' but soon after the arrival there is a moment of disappointment. I don't think I met many Polish people who openly say that they feel at home in England. What are your observations and impressions?
I've also met many Polish over here, there are so many of us who live in the UK. And I think that the experiences depend individually on a person. Some have come over here because of a very difficult situation that they have been struggling with in Poland, so they feel much better over here. I think, to a large extent, it depends on a person's personality, on how their life will go, what is important to them. London and England are to me two completely different worlds. London can be a huge disappointment when we have an idealistic image, but if we are open and rational about it, the city gives us numerous opportunities and surely teaches how can life be.



5. Jesteś zapaloną podróżniczką słynącą wśród swoich znajomych ze spontanicznych podróży. Jakie miejsca udało Ci się już w ten sposób zwiedzić? Co takiego jest w tych wycieczkach? Nie boisz się że coś pójdzie nie tak?
Czytając książki podróżnicze przekonuję się co znaczy prawdziwa spontaniczność. Ja potrafię być spontaniczna, ale raczej na krótkie wypady więc za dużo nie mam się o co bać. Najbardziej spontaniczne wyjazdy to pewnie Amsterdam, Walencja i Andaluzja. Były one spontaniczne, szalone i interesujące. Chociaż na ogół jestem zorganizowana i lubię się przygotować do podróży, to często takie spontanicznie wyjazdy są świetnym pomysłem. Jadąc nieprzygotowanym do nowego miasta, pozwalamy sobie na odkrycie zaskakujących miejsc, poznanie ciekawych ludzi i wyrobienie sobie własnego zdania o tym miejscu.

5. You are a passionate traveller known among your friends for spontaneous trips. Which places did you get to visit so far? What's so exciting about this kind of travelling? Aren't you afraid that something will go wrong?
Reading different travel books I realise what does a real spontaneity mean. I can be spontaneous, but rather in short-haul getaways so I don't really have anything to be afraid of. My most spontaneous trips were to Amsterdam, Valencia and Andalusia. They were quite crazy, interesting and spontaneous. Even though generally I'm a very well organised person and I like being prepared for the trip, I think that these kinds of short, spontaneous trips can be a great idea. If you go to a new place unprepared, you give yourself and opportunity to discover unexpected places, meet interesting people and develop your very own opinion about the place.



6. Masz jakąś swoją prywatną 'bucket list'? Jest coś co strasznie chciałabyś zrobić w nadchodzących latach, jakieś doświadczenia które uważasz że koniecznie trzeba zaliczyć? ;)
Jeszcze nie mam ‘bucket list’ ale pomyślę o tym... ;) Jestem podróżniczką i miłośniczką człowieka więc moim marzeniem jest wyjechać w podróż taką dłuższą, może pół roczną po Azji. Chciałabym doświadczyć innej kultury, zobaczyć jak zachowanie ludzkie zmienia się w zależności od tła kulturowego i tradycji.

6. Do you have your private 'bucket list'? Is there anything you would really want to do in the upcoming years, some experiences that you think are a must? ;)
I don't have a bucket list just yet but I will think about it... ;) I'm a traveller and I have a great passion and interest in humanity so my dream is going away on a trip, a long one, maybe half a year around Asia. I'd like to experience a completely different culture, see how does the human behaviour change depending on the cultural background and tradition.



7. Co dla Ciebie jest najważniejsze w Twoim wymarzonym miejscu na Ziemi w którym kiedyś, w końcu zamieszkasz?
Jestem jeszcze młoda, mam dużo rzeczy do odkrycia, pewnie więc nie raz jeszcze zmienię na ten temat zdanie. Ale na chwilę obecną najważniejsi są ludzie, to oni tworzą miejsce. Myślę, że znasz to przysłowie: twój dom jest gdzie twoje serce. Jeśli w końcu się osiedlę to na pewno to będzie miejsce, w którym jest moja rodzina i gdzie otaczają mnie dobrzy, pozytywni ludzie. No a tak poza tym jakiś piękny widok na góry nie byłby zły ;)

7. What's the most important thing to you in your dream place on the Planet where you will eventually settle down one day?
I'm still very young, there are so many things I have to discover so I'll probably change my mind about it many times. But for the time being people are the most important, they make the place. I think you probably know the saying: your home is where your heart is. If I will eventually settle down it'll definitely be a place close to my family and where I'm surrounded by good, positive people. And besides that, a nice view to the mountains wouldn't hurt ;)


The HumanistThe Humanist
The HumanistThe Humanist
The Humanist


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dziękuję za wszystkie komentarze i wsparcie! ♥
Thank you for all the comments and support!